Monday, July 22, 2013

Waiting to Wait

June 12, 2013 is when my "unofficial waiting for my missionary" began. That was the day Dakota received his mission call!

I had just got to work when he called and told me that it came. I honestly thought he was joking! But after a little convincing and A LOT of freaking out I knew that it had actually come! Unfortunately I didn't get off work until 5:00 and once I got off I still had to drive all the was to prove....in traffic to watch him open it. Let me just say, longest day at work EVER!!!! But, I finally made it to his apartment to see where the Lord had called him to serve! As he opened his call we were both kind of freaking out. I honestly don't know which one of us was freaking out more! (probably me) Then after was seemed like forever he finally read....

Dear Elder Crisp,
You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Philippines Angeles Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 24 months.
You should report to the Philippines Missionary Training Center on September 13, 2013. You will be prepared to preach the gospel in the Tagalog language.
 
 
                               We were both pretty excited!!! And still freaking out about it!
 
 
 
And that brings us to where I am today, Waiting to wait for my missionary! I know that once he gets out in the field he will do amazing things and bless the people of the Philippines so much! And he in turn, will be blessed for his hard work and sacrifice. :)
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment