Sunday, July 28, 2013

The 1st of the farewells

Today was Dakota's (soon to be Elder Crisp) first of 2 farewell talks. Since we are from California but have been living in Utah for the past few years, while we have been in California visiting Dakota was able to give a talk in our home ward. He will be giving another talk in his ward in Provo closer to his departure date. But I am so proud of him and how far he has come and all the trials he has overcome to get to this point! And I am pretty proud of myself for making it through his whole talk without crying! :)
   These past few days I have really seen the Lords hand in my life and how much he loves his children. Dakota and I were planning on driving back to Utah tomorrow morning (Monday) but I ran into some car problems and now our trip has been delayed a few days. At first I was so discouraged and frustrated and all I could think was that Satan was trying his hardest to make things difficult for Dakota and I to get back to Utah so he could finish the last few things he has to do for his mission. But today after his talk I realized that everything I thought was going wrong was really a HUGE blessing in disguise! Because of my car troubles, we were able to have an open house for Dakota after church. I have never felt so blessed and so loved from my Heavenly Father and the people in my ward as I have today! So many people were willing to donate money to Dakota to help him on his mission, since he has zero support from his family. All of the financial worries we had before are completely gone! All because these people know how important missionary work is. I am so overwhelmed will joy, happiness and love! I love my Heavenly Father and Savior, I love this gospel, I love the members of this amazing church, and I love my soon to be missionary! I honestly don't have the words to describe exactly how I am feeling, except that I have never felt quite like this before! My testimony and faith has been strengthened so much today, and I couldn't be happier!!! <3 :D

No comments:

Post a Comment